Six members of a family were on Tuesday electrocuted in Bihar’s Madhepura district after a high-voltage wire fell on their thatched house, the police said.
The deaths occurred in Murliganj in flood-prone Madhepura of the Kosi river basin region.
Officials said that the killed persons have been identified as a woman and her five daughters.
“A high-voltage wire fell on their thatched house when they were sleeping. All of them got electrocuted,” a district police official said.
This incident has sent shock waves in the village and its neighbourhood.
The Bihar government has announced a compensation of Rs 4 lakh for each of the victims to the survivors of the family.